Accommodation Porter – Accommodation – Ashford Castle – County Mayo
We are currently looking for an Accommodation Porter to help the team in maintaining the high standards of cleanliness and guest experience required by Red Carnation Hotels, in bedrooms and public areas.
Key responsibilities of the Accommodation Porter will include:
- Supporting the Accommodation team in ensuring that team members and guests are provided with the highest levels of service in accordance with 5-star expectations and Red Carnation Hotels/Leading Hotels Standards
- To ensure that the estate’s cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention initiatives are always in place and adhered to
- To be familiar with each day’s business regarding room occupancy, special requirements and VIP needs
- To ensure that all dirty linen/towel supplies are collected and organized for collection by Laundry Services
- To ensure that all linen/towel supplies are counted and ensure that the agreed stock levels are maintained
- To carry out cleaning tasks such as cleaning of chandeliers, showerheads etc in the hotel as per programme
- To carry out duties requested by supervisors and room attendants in a timely manner
- To keep all accommodation storage and service areas clean, tidy and organized
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate strong team work
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
- Be enthusiastic and flexible (need to work 5 days over 7 day period, inclusive of some evenings and weekends)
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
Some of the Benefits available to the team:
- Professional, award winning training and development opportunities to give you a career path
- Discounted accommodation rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally
- Annual Staff Appreciation Party and other Employee Recognition Events
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
- Free meals on duty
- Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
In choosing to join Ashford Castle, you become part of a significant piece of history, both of Ireland and the Red Carnation Hotel Collection. Through the grand stone gates, a royal adventure begins. This remarkable 800-year-old castle, widely recognised as Ireland’s top hotel destination and once home to the Guinness family, is exceptional in every sense. Discover exquisite interiors, delicious cuisine, a wealth of unique activities and a state-of-the-art spa. The extraordinary characters of the castle passionately care about each and every guest experience. Ashford Castle, voted No. 1 in Top 10 Resort Hotels in the UK and Ireland in Travel + Leisure ‘World’s Best’ Awards 2020 and awarded Five Stars by Forbes Travel Guide 2021.
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection is a family owned hotel business renowned for providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career, family feel and job security within the hospitality industry. We truly recognise that only through our people can we provide service to our guests, which is personal, memorable, imaginative and friendly.
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and has been recognised with a Gold Standard Award Investors in People – the first hospitality company to gain this award on a worldwide basis and retain it for ten years. We were also the first hotel collection to be awarded a Princess Royal Training Award. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer. The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions.
We are currently in search to fill this role however start date is pursuant to country guidelines.