Newborn Hearing Screening – NECSWS – Castlebar, County Mayo
NEC Software Solutions is headquartered in the UK and operates around the world.
We employ more than 3,000 people in six countries, building software and services to get our customers better outcomes.
We traded as Northgate Public Services until 1 July 2021 when we rebranded to align with our owners, NEC. Most of our subsidiary companies did too (APD Communications, i2N, EMIS Care and Charter Systems) but our service design agency still trades as Snook.
We’ve been part of global tech company NEC Corporation since January 2018.
This role is reporting directly to the Regional Coordinator. Working in a team undertaking the screening of babies in the first few days of their new life, you will be a reliable individual with good communication skills and at ease working with mothers and very young babies. You will be passionate about delivering a family friendly yet professional experience for both mother and baby during the screening process.
- To promote a professional, welcoming, and caring environment – endorsing a family friendly approach to care.
- Communicate with and provide information for parents concerning hearing screening – obtain parental consent
- To carry out the hearing screening of new-born babies
- To inform parents of the screen outcome as dictated by Local & National Hearing Screening Programme (NHSP) protocols.
- Record clinical and test data accurately and ensure a timely transfer of information to the manager.
- To ensure patients and families retain their dignity, privacy, and individuality always and maintain the confidentiality of the data.
- Be aware of child protection issues and adhere to local procedures.
- To maintain up to date knowledge of procedures and policies relevant to this post.
- To always ensure the safety and security of equipment and report any problems to the Hearing Screening Operational and Regional Coordinator at the earliest opportunity.
- To take part in a rota to cover sickness and annual leave of colleagues as appropriate.
- To be able to work flexibly when required.
- Previous experience of working with the public
- Good level or numeracy & literacy
- Previous experience of working with computer applications – accurate data input
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment would be desirable
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Data Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://ie.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Newborn+Hearing+Screening&c=NECSWS&l=Castlebar%2C+County+Mayo&jk=57dd8fd5892c63a7&rtk=1flbprn5ft7pa800&from=rss→