Payroll Administrator – Temporary Position – Abbvie – Westport, County Mayo
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Want to join an award winning team? We OFFER that.
Ready to make a Worldwide impact? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that’s felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting a payroll administrator to join our diverse HR team in Westport. This position will be 3-4 days a week for a duration of 6 months
This Payroll Analyst will be responsible for processing and correcting payroll transactions, supporting pre-payroll activities, year-end payroll activities, reviewing and verifying files generated internally or by payroll vendors, enforcing key payroll deadlines, as well as answering employee/manager queries..
- So let’s tell you a little more about this role
- Partnering with internal stakeholders and with Payroll Vendor to process payroll and resolve payroll transactions that are in error.
- Review and validate payroll files (eg. Payroll Reconciliation File, Bank File) and reports generated internally or by the payroll vendor and approve for processing.
- Support all internal, external, a Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) assessments and audits.
- Support pre-payroll activities (eg. finalize data entry, review master data file quality, and confirm time/payroll data completeness).
- Assist in resolving input errors (and other errors) from the third party vendors or internal AbbVie stakeholders.
- Assist in resolving Bank Errors (with AbbVie Treasury’s support).
- Support Year-End Payroll processing activities (eg. develop and provide payroll calendar, review year-end tax reports and notify AbbVie employees of availability of tax information).
- Respond to internal AbbVie stakeholders (Tax, Treasury, Finance and BHR) with regard to questions or issues they have raised around payroll data and/or payroll reports.
- Answer employee/manager queries or assist payroll vendor with other queries it cannot resolve.
- Lead country specific projects and participate on global project teams.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Finance / Accounting.
- 2-3 years of payroll operational experience. Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Workday and experience integrating with 3rd party applications.
- Strong customer orientation and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, as well as to get results through collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Good analytical and process diagnostic skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture. Strong spreadsheet and database skills. Continuous improvement orientation.
- Strong project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and requests.
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then come join Abbvie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.