Personal Assistant – RehabCare – County Mayo
A commitment to living the values of Teamwork, Respect, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality.
We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills, and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals
Mayo Home Care Support
Permanent Contract – Part Time, 20 hours weekly
To provide individualized supports to persons with physical and/or intellectual disability that enables them to fully participate in employment. Support includes assistance with attending employment, personal care and other support needs during their day.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A minimum QQI Level 5 in Health Care or Social Care Qualification
- Experience of dealing with persons with additional support needs
- Experience in the provision of personal care needs desirable
- Skills in the care and support of individuals with disabilities
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene and adhering to safe practice at all times. Assist in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure as required.
- Support persons with physical disabilities in the use of assistive technology equipment, with typing, handwriting, creative materials etc.
- Support and assist persons to fully participate in employment
- Support persons with physical disabilities in the use of assistive technology equipment, with typing, handwriting, creative materials etc
- Full clean driving licence is essential
- Disability and Mental Health awareness
- Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Company pension scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 10th May 2022
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://ie.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Personal+Assistant&c=RehabCare&l=County+Mayo&jk=f1b309fa8397bb66&rtk=1g1lla5u3i98n800&from=rss→