REHABILITATION PSYCHOLOGIST – Rehab Group – Castlebar, County Mayo
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
The purpose of the role is to develop and implement rehabilitation strategies that meet individual service-users’ needs by providing holistic assessment and direct support and guidance to service-users and staff alike
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Relevant professional qualification in Psychology
- Chartered membership (or eligible for) with the Psychological Society of Ireland or Chartered membership (or eligible for) of the British Psychological Society
- At least 3 years work experience in the field of Learning Disability/Autism/Mental Health/Physical or Sensory Disability
- An understanding of the Recovery Approach and of Person Centred Planning would be an advantage
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Report all relevant rehabilitation issues to the Senior Psychologist (in his/her absence, to the Regional Lead Psychologist) to enable the ongoing development of psychological services.
- Encourage and enable learners in identifying their learning, social, emotional, cognitive needs in order to help prepare for their first Individual Action Plan (IAP) or Person Centred Planning meetings in the context of the HSE’s New Directions policy.
- Support learners with appropriate psychological expertise and to develop, evaluate and update appropriate assessment measures and course samples, and to facilitate the assessment process by supervising the administration of appropriate tests, compiling results, analysis of these results, and report writing.
- Provide regular and scheduled supervision and training of the Rehabilitation Officers/Trainee Psychologists/Assistant Psychologists to ensure that they can provide evidence based interventions and support
- Good IT skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Staff Benefits
- Defined Benefit Pension
- 24 days holiday leave
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Paid holidays
- Bike to work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 17/10/2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer