Sales Associate – Castlebar – GameStop – Castlebar, County Mayo
GameStop is the world´s largest omnichannel retailer (www.gamestop.com). With over 5000 stores globally, GameStop is now looking to employ people that will share our passion for sales and continue to carry out our tradition of great service and market-leading skills.
We are seeking highly motivated Part Time / Flexible Sales Associates with a passion for gaming, games, and game accessories to join our store team. This is an opportunity for those who thrive in a fast-paced environment, see themselves as more than a Sales Associate but as true personal gaming and all things pop culture ‘advisor’.
We are looking for candidates that have a strong customer service mindset and a willingness to learn.
Our sales associates have a direct impact on our customer’s experience and ensure the success of the business. Therefore, to be successful in this position, you will need to be enthusiastic, confident, and hardworking with a positive “can-do” attitude. We value forward-thinking individuals and welcome someone who is eager to contribute their creativity and skill set to the success of the brand.
A brief overview of the duties and responsibilities associated with the role are below
- Provide world-class customer service: promptly greet customers, respond to customer questions/concerns quickly, effectively, and courteously, assist customers with meeting their needs, inform customers of special promotions, trade-in program, recommend additional items as appropriate and thank every customer for shopping at GameStop.
- Always remember the key success to our business – Trading games and consoles via our Recycled Initiative.
- Promptly process accurate customer purchases/return transactions via Point-of-Sale (POS) computer system.
- Assist fellow team members and Store Manager to achieve optimum customer service at all times and ensure that best in class customer service is consistently provided
- Assist manager with store inventory counts, stocking/restocking of merchandise on shelves and fixtures.
- Dust and clean shelves, counters, fixtures, merchandise, and store equipment
Our ideal candidate will possess the following attributes and experience:
- One year’s retail or customer service experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Clear verbal communication and listening skills, both in-person and on the phone
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Video game knowledge preferred, but not required
- Flexibility – Store is open 7 days a week
This is a 3 month contract until January 2022 with the view for extension.
Join us in bringing power to the players!
Application deadline: 31/10/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: €1.00-€2.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Day shift