Social Care Assistant, Turlough, Castlebar, Co. Mayo Ref 2022-73 – Western Care Association – Castlebar, County Mayo
Western Care Association
€25,529 – €38,844 a year
Full Job Description
Social Care Assistant
Turlough, Castlebar, Co. Mayo
- Permanent post 27.6 hours per week
- Reference Number:2022-73
- Closing Date: August 15th, 2022
This role involves supporting a young lady with autism living at home to enjoy a full and meaningful life.You will support her to reach her potential in all areas of her life, including employment, developing interests of her own, connections to her community in ways that are important to her, having friends and fulfilling meaningful roles.
- Successful candidate will have experience in the area of facilitating and supporting people who have high and/or complex needs.
- A genuine understanding and interest in working alongside people in effecting positive opportunities and change in their lives in a meaningful way.
- The ability to listen, to see and respectfully advocate for and on behalf of the individual with regard to their needs, preferences, rights and dreams.
- Have excellent communication skills and a clear understanding of team work with motivation to deliver high quality facilitation, working alongside individuals, their family and other disciplines. Knowledge of Irish Sign Language would be beneficial.
- A strong belief in people’s rights, inclusion and equality.
- Flexibility will be required from time to time to respond to service demands.
- Working knowledge of New Directions standards and regulations is essential
- Good knowledge of IT skills is preferred
Other duties involved(Duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Contribute to and participate in the local service planning process and the creative development and ongoing changing needs of the service.
- Provide personal care and support to service users where required.
- Ensure a safe place of work, incorporating Western Care Association’s Dignity at Work Policy and Health & Safety requirement.
- To promote safety in all environments, in line with the Association’s practices.
- Use positive approaches to support people who may have challenging behaviour in line with Organisational practice.
No minimum required for Social Care Assistant positions
- Full driver’s license is essential
- All applicants will be subject to Irish Garda Vetting & Reference checks
- All applicants will be required to access Overseas Police Clearance if they have lived outside of the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland more than 6 months since the age of 18 years
- Competitive salary
- Pension and Life Insurance Scheme
- Annual leave in excess of statutory entitlement
- Sick pay scheme
- Staff initiatives e.g. Employee Assistance Programme, Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Dedicated learning and development
- Flexible working opportunities
Social Care Assistant Pay Scale (Scale Range €25,529 – €38,844 per annum)
This is based on full time working hours i.e. 39 per week
Applicants must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to this post and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service
- Please apply by current C.V., and ensure to quote Reference Number
- Further enquiries by contacting: Liam Doran, Service Manager Tel: 087-9540128
full job description available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://ie.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Social+Care+Assistant&c=Western+Care+Association&l=Castlebar%2C+County+Mayo&jk=d8dc0d20f2e9fa9b&rtk=1g9jcnnqcjv63800&from=rss→