Staff Nurse – Cuan Chaitriona Nursing Home – Castlebar, County Mayo
Cuan Chaitriona Nursing Home
We are seeking applicants for the post of part-time Staff Nurse with Cuan Chaitriona Nursing Home, Castlebar Co. Mayo to join our highly motivated and focused team.
About Cuan Chaitriona Nursing Home
Cuan Chaitriona Nursing Home opened in 1995. It is a spaciously designed and purpose-built single-level building on an elevated site on the outskirts of Castlebar. The nursing home is owned and operated by The Newbrook Group.
Accommodation is made up of 52 single en-suite rooms and 3 double en-suite rooms. En-suites are fitted with disabled-friendly toilet and showering facilities and are fully furnished to a high standard, as are the bedrooms. Rooms are serviced by one to one call bell system and remote control TV. There are ample communal rooms, social areas, prayer room, visitors’ room, bathrooms, a secure courtyard, and safe walking areas.
Why Choose Us:
- A unique, friendly, and caring work environment
- Subsidised meals
- Subsidised Uniforms
- Competitive hourly rates
- Free on-site parking.
- Fantastic training and career development opportunities.
- Access to a pension scheme
- Access to Bike to Work scheme
- Increasing pay scale on length of service
To promote and maintain the highest attainable standard of nursing care within the home and ensure that all staff is performing their duties adequately. This role reports to and is responsible to the Director of Nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and ensuring they are treated as individuals.
- Understand the Named Nurse concept, its function, and implementation and ensure that all relevant documentation is completed to the standards required
- Maintain professional standards in keeping with the NMBI Code of Professional Conduct and have an understanding of all NMBI documents and their implications for nursing practice.
- Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all residents, relatives, and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times, especially to the bereaved.
- Ensure all policies are known and adhered to by all staff.
- Maintain clear, concise, and accurate records within the home in accordance with legislation and home standards
- Ensures the agreed policies and procedures for the control, administration, and custody of all drugs and medicines are adhered to.
- Knowledge and awareness of HIQA standards and ability to participate in the inspection process.
- Ensure all admissions to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation completed.
- Liaise with health care professionals as necessary regarding the discharge of a resident to the community to ensure continuity of care.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications
- Registered on the Irish live register (NMBI). Must have an active PIN.
- Has clinical experience working in Gerontological Care or Residential Nursing Care
- Fluent in the English language (verbal and written) and be eligible to work in Ireland
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Work well with and lead a care team
- Caring and compassionate, and be passionate about providing high-quality person-centred care
The soft skills that will make you a perfect Nurse to work with About St Mary’s Residential Care Centre
- Strong Work Ethic
- Good Stress Management abilities
- A Strong Positive Attitude
- Good Time Management
- High Level of Confidence
- A Receptive Attitude
The successful candidates will have a genuine passion for caring and a keen interest in aged care.
Castlebar is the county town of County Mayo, Ireland, with all the amenities you need in the Town. A campus of Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology and the Country Life section of the National Museum of Ireland is two important local amenities. The town is linked by railway to Dublin, Westport, and Ballina. less the 1.5 hours drive from Galway City.
Reference ID: RMNB00011
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland registration (preferred)